901 Market tower history
901 Market Tower History
Previously known as “The Equitable Building,” “The Bank of Delaware,” and “Market Tower,” the building that sits on 901 N. Market Street has a long and noteworthy history.
Originally built as a six-story, masonry building in 1892, it was considered Wilmington’s first “sky scraper,” even before the addition of the seventh, eighth and partial ninth stories added in the early 1900s. Then, in the late 1950s, renovations to the building added a 14-story addition and covered the existing masonry in a metal skin.
Today, 901 Market Tower is currently undergoing renovations to help restore the building to much of its original glory, while also providing future residents with modern amenities for luxurious apartment living.